Leaders make the club fair a sucesss

Students signed up for clubs with record numbers.

Georgie+Ford+24+and+Emily+Birmingham+24%2C+Editors+of+The+Muse%2C+Mounts+literary+magazine%2C+offer+a+spread+of+past+issues+for+students+to+view.+%0AThe+Muse+accepts+student+photography%2C+poetry%2C+short+stories+and+art+for+their+annual+publication.+

Aderinsola Adegboyega

Georgie Ford ’24 and Emily Birmingham ’24, Editors of “The Muse,” Mount’s literary magazine, offer a spread of past issues for students to view. The Muse accepts student photography, poetry, short stories and art for their annual publication.

Sine Thompson, Arts and Entertainment Editor

On September 8th, two Thursdays ago, Mount’s annual club fair was held in the gym during lunch.

Clubs ranged from the simplest concepts—Take a Break Club, for instance—to the most involved; Mock Trial and Model UN were two examples. Several new clubs were also introduced this year, such as Cheerleading Club and Autism Awareness Club.

Kate Tannenbaum ‘24, one of the leaders of Autism Awareness Club, said, “It’s always been really important to me, to all of us, and we really want to bring that to the Mount.”

This spirit of trying new things and making new friends was evident through the experiences of the club leaders.

“There were a lot of great clubs and a lot of good conversation, and a lot of people willing to join something new they had never done before,” said Noelle O’Brien ‘24, a leader of Book Club.

Kendall Tallon ‘24 and Kelsey McGovern ‘24 at the table for their new club, Cheerleading Club. Mounties in the club will cheer on their own school’s sport teams.

The club fair was also described as excellent by O’Brien, who said that she was glad that there had been so many people there.

Although the club fair has been marked by the tragedy of Queen Elizabeth II’s passing. Overall, the fair was a huge success and a continuation of the Mount tradition of sisterhood and community.

Molly Brennan ‘23 standing next to her True Crime club table. They will be diving deeper into some of the worlds craziest crimes.