Community member turned staff member

New Neighbors Series: Mrs. Sapp

taken by Liz Dolich ‘22

Karen Sapp smiles for a picture in her office near the alumni room.

Mrs. Karen Sapp is one of the newest members of the Mount community as Assistant to the Director of Enrollment Management.

As assistant to Ms. Kiera McCloy, the Director of Enrollment Management, Mrs. Sapp’s typical day consists of, “Answering phone calls (speaking with parents), scheduling personal tours, assisting Ms. McCloy with whatever she may need me to help with…”, she said in an email correspondence. 

Mrs. Sapp has an extensive background in higher education, working at Messiah University Philadelphia campus and the Temple University Ambler campus; she worked for ten years at each of the universities. She held various positions at these institutions, such as Office Manager, Coordinator and Senior Business Manager.

In regard to Mount, Mrs. Sapp said, “I am looking forward to learning the operating system used for schools K-12,” and excited for the shift from college-level education to high school education.

Her transition to the Mount has been easy overall, but has come with a few adjustments, “Having worked in higher [education] for 20 years, students called me ‘Karen.’ At times, I forget that now students should call me ‘Mrs. Sapp.’” COVID-19 has also impacted her position, for she must think of new ways to plan everyday activities.

Although this is Mrs. Sapp’s first year working at the Mount, she has many connections to the community. Her daughter, Kara Sapp, graduated from the Mount in 2009 and her husband, Kenneth Sapp, is the Head of Grounds here as well.

Mrs. Sapp is a great new member of the Mount community, and an amazing addition to the enrollment team.