The student-generated news site of Mount Saint Joseph Academy

The Campanile

The Campanile

The Campanile

Local dine-in cafe attracts students as customers and employees

In this review, guest writer Rachele Romeo explores the offerings of Froot cafe in Wyndmoor.
From+left%3A+Jace+McGoldrick%2C+Summer+Delli+Carpini%2C+Lynley+Koschineg%2C+and+Will+Palopoli+pause+from+their+work+day+at+Froot+to+smile+for+a+picture.+
Susan McGoldrick
From left: Jace McGoldrick, Summer Delli Carpini, Lynley Koschineg, and Will Palopoli pause from their work day at Froot to smile for a picture.

Is your 2024 New Year’s Resolution to eat healthier? Because I have the perfect spot for you. Froot, a dine-in cafe in Wyndmoor, is about a five minute drive from The Mount. The menu is loaded with nutritious and diverse options for any mood you’re in.

The outside of Froot on a sunny day.

“The OG” ($14) is an açaí bowl layered with all fresh ingredients including açaí, strawberries, blueberries, granola, honey, and coconut flakes. “The OG” is Froot’s most popular menu item. 

“I feel good about myself after eating it,” Tina Rios ‘24 said.

One of Froot’s owners, Susan McGoldrick, explained that a menu item she is particularly proud of is her grain bowls. The grain bowls ($12), are customizable with plenty of hearty options. Your choices of grains are couscous, quinoa, orzo, and farro.

Pictured in this photo are the four grain bowls Froot has to offer. From left top: The Cou Cou, The Keen One, The Zeus, and The Afarr-O.

Froot is a hotspot for any locals around Springfield Township. Students enjoy going to Froot for an after practice snack, a chill study session or to hang out with friends. Some students are even employees. 

“My favorite things about working at Froot are the work environment, making friends with the other employees, and talking to all of the customers,” Summer Delli Carpini ‘25 said.

So, if you’re looking for a new place where you can relax and enjoy a yummy meal that’s good for you, here it is!                               

Comment your favorite fruit emoji to be entered into a drawing to win a $5 gift card to Froot! One winner will be announced on 2/24! Good luck!

Socials: Frootwyndmoor