Happy to be back

New Neighbors: Mrs. Ellen Potter ’90

taken by Gina Princivalle '21

Mrs. Ellen Potter smiles at her office in the guidance department.

The guidance department just gained a new member to their team, Mrs. Potter is the new administrative assistant in the guidance department. She works at the front desk and checks students in, processes their college forms, sets up zoom meetings for admissions representatives, and much more. She is excited about possibly making a difference in a student’s life.

Mrs. Potter is a former graduate of Mount, she graduated in 1990, and she is excited to be working in a place that is familiar to her.

Before landing her position at Mount, she worked at the insurance corporation Aon for 20 years. She had wanted a change of scenery from the corporate environment and is glad she is able to work at Mount.

She is most excited about the opportunity to help students and interact with them on a day to day basis.

Mrs. Potter sees both benefits and drawbacks to coming to Mount during the pandemic. She thinks the transition has been a bit easier because she sees only half the volume of students each day. But, she also thinks it is hard to get to know the students because of the masks.

Luckily, she has been able to see many students who come for guidance meetings and the recent SAT has given her an opportunity to meet a lot of the seniors. She is happy to be back at the Mount and hopes to stay for a long time.