The student-generated news site of Mount Saint Joseph Academy

The Campanile

The Campanile

The Campanile

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell details the lives and love of a pair of outsiders.
Bookmarked!: February ROMANCE 2024
Sine Thompson, Arts and Entertainment Editor • March 3, 2024

Hello everyone! Thanks for tuning in to another installment of the Campanile’s Book Review Column, Bookmarked!. This month’s theme is Romance,...

Artist Shima Seien is pictured third from the left
Artist of the Month: Shima Seien
Nadja Eyring, Comic Artist • March 1, 2024

Shima Seien (1892-1970) was an Nihon-ga painter. Nihon-ga is a Japanese style of painting that uses mineral pigments and ink. She studied...

Ms. Maria Ryan
Mrs. Ryan
Zoe Whiting, Staff Member • February 28, 2024

Mrs. Maria Ryan, the newest member of the science department, can be found in room 206 teaching any of her four classes: Honors Biology, AP Biology,...

Mountie gift guide

Ten gifts any Mountie would love to see under the tree this year.

The holiday season is upon us. If you or a loved one is in need of gift-giving help, look no further. A Mount student is guaranteed to love at least one, if not all, of these gift ideas! 

1. Airpods max 

“My Airpods max are amazing. I love them,” says Lola Figeroa-Clark ‘24. 

The pricey Airpods max are apparently great quality. Probably not worth $549.00 if we’re being real here– but from what I’ve noticed, they’re at the top of many Mount girls’ Christmas lists. 

2. Apple pencil tips 

Almost everyone at Mount uses an apple pencil to digitally write and draw. The tips are replaceable and often get dull. Get your student a replacement pack of these Apple pencil tips for $19.00. 

3. Claw clips

Stylish and functional, claw clips are a great gift. This pink ribbon clip ($34.00) and this flower clip ($15.00) from Emi Jay are super cute and unique. This pack of amazon claw clips also looks chic and is only $7.97.

4. Vanity mirror

This vanity mirror from Amazon is $66.49 and is so fun. My friend Caroline has one of these and I love using it–I know anyone would!

5. Phone case 

I love phone cases from the brand Wildflower. They have so many cute different designs. I currently have this star phone case on my phone. Another pretty one is this flower phone case. Both cost $35.00. 

6. Hot rollers

These hot rollers keep your hair curled way longer than normal Velcro rollers in my opinion. Gift them to your long haired mountie. ($24.50 on Amazon)

7. Lip oil 

The Dior lip oil is $40.00 and has been super popular within the past 2 years. It’s trendy and has that luxurious element due to it being from Dior. That being said, this amazon NYX lip oil is only $8.97 is pretty much the exact same.  

8. Rare Beauty Blush 

This rare beauty liquid blush is great. It has many different color options and good reviews from Mount students. Check out Maddie Norton’s Rare Beauty review article.  ($23.00 at Sephora)

9. Gel nail kit 

A gel nail kit is a random gift idea, but if your Mountie does her nails, she’ll love this. ($39.99 on Amazon)

10. Weighted blanket 

Another seemingly random gift, but this weighted blanket  for $39.99 on Amazon is the perfect gift for literally anyone. If you have no idea what to get somebody, get them a weighted blanket. They’ll like it.

View Comments (1)